We protect capital while exceeding client expectations.
In 1996, Derek Chen, Jerome Fink, and David Kim founded The Bascom Group, LLC (“Bascom”), a private equity firm specializing in multifamily, commercial, non-performing loans, and real estate related investments and operating companies. Bascom sources value-add and distressed properties through foreclosure, bankruptcy, or short sales, and repositions them by adding extensive capital improvements, improving revenue, and reducing expenses using institutional-quality property management.
Bascom’s Core Strength
Our core strength is derived from a continuous focus on customer satisfaction. By focusing on its key competencies, the company has developed leadership and experience in various disciplines to drive product quality and over-deliver on client expectations. Bascom operates for the long-term continuity by focusing on integrity and partner alignment.
Bascom has completed over $19.1B in multifamily value-added transactions since 1996, including 339 multifamily community acquisitions and 87,844 units.
Bascom’s subsidiaries and joint ventures include:
- Bascom Arizona Ventures, LLC
- Bascom Northwest Ventures, LLC
- Bascom Value Added Apartment Investors I, LLC
- Bascom Value Added Apartment Investors II, LLC
- Bascom Value Added Apartment Investors III, LLC
- Bascom Value Added Apartment Investors IV, LLC
- Bascom Value Added Apartment Investors V, LLC
- Harbor Associates, LLC
- Premier Workspaces, LLC
- Real Estate Development Associates, LLC
- Shubin Nadal & Associates, LLC
- Spirit Bascom Ventures, LLC
- The Realm Group, LLC
- Village Partners Ventures, LLC